Joshua's chair

Joshua's chair
Happiness is . . .Craftiness & the Old

Thursday, April 15, 2010

Questions and Answers

Question: What have you been doing lately?
Answer: I have been studying nutrition in order to get my certification. ('have to wait four weeks for the certificate now that I have completed all assignments, tests, etc.)

Question: What are you doing now?
Answer: Besides sitting at the PC? I am wrapping birthday gifts and making birthday cards for 12 kids and in-laws, and 18 grands.

Question: So, what's new?
Answer: Very soon there will be two more grands.

Question: What else?
Answer: Two of my daughters and I have just reconnected with a long lost sister-friend who, along with her two sisters, was very special to us. We lost contact about 30 years ago when their parents moved out of state. WoW! What a wonderful experience to be able to pick up the threads of love and share our lives again!

Questions: What now?
Answer: Life is routine, but life is exciting. I never thought I'd think that way! Surprise! Routine is not boring.
I will continue with what I have done during the past eight months: with the help of Matt, and encouragement of my kids and friends, I am working out, eating right (with a few lapses now and then) and staying busy with worthwhile routines.

Question: Will you describe a "worthwhile" routine?
Answer: "Up in the morning and off to school. The teacher is teaching the golden rule..."
Oh! That's a song, not my routine.
OK, here it is: Up in the morning and reading scriptures, studying for what I need to know. Go to the gym (every other day), then home to clean, plan, run errands, connect with others. Lots of time to do lots of things. In the early evening I drive to tutor my clients. The guard cat stays home and ... guards. Later in the evening I watch TV, play computer games, read or sumthin' else. Mid day I talk to my kids on the phone, sew, do family history, create cookbooks, and organize and prepare for tutoring, and teaching sunday school.
Oh, and the master bath is being redone by a couple of very capable young men...well, young to me!

Question: Do you have any wisdom to impart?
Answer: Boy, do I!

Question: WELL???
Answer:
Take care of your spirit: listen to the Lord. Learn of Him.
Take care of your body: Exercise it, feed it properly, keep it clean.
Take care of your family.
Take care of your friends.
Remember to laugh; crying is good, too.
Take care of your temper and keep it sweet.
All things good and bad will come: Meet the challenges, take care of priorities.

Question: Do you have more to say?
Answer: Lots. Lots more. But not now.

No comments:

Post a Comment